Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cut Phase Progress

I couldn't handle the super-low carb diet (again) and gave up last
Thursday. I still limit my carbs to times around workouts, but at
least I'm not lethargic all the time now. Lifting on no carbs is
painfully difficult.

I'm a week and a half into the cut phase, and I'm already shedding a
lot of fat. I'm beginning to see definition in a lot of muscles that
were smooth before. Since my weight is remaining pretty much constant,
I wanted to check my progress and find out if my eyes were deceiving
me, so I taped this morning. The results are:
Area Measurement Change
Neck 17.5 0
Chest 46 -0.5
Arms 16 -0.5
Forearms 13.5 0
Wrist 8 0
Waist 41 -1
Hips 44 -2
Thighs 26.5 -0
Calves 17.5 -0
Weight 111 -1
BF% = 18.6%
I'll say it again
18.6%

The end of November put me at 33%. Now I'm at 18.6%. This is amazing.
I couldn't be happier. My short-term goal was 18%, and it looks like
I'll make that this phase.

Next bulk phase, I'll be looking to add 5 kg of lean mass while
keeping my BF% below 20%. Next cut I hope to be able to drop to 15%,
where I can stay for the rest of my life.

No comments: