Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Back Workout

Yesterday my workout buddy wasn't feeling well, so just came to give me support. I tried to make the workout as fast as possible. A couple of months ago, I was doing 2-3 hour workouts, but I'm off vacation now, so I don't have that kind of time or energy. I've been averaging and hour to and hour and a half. I want to slowly transition myself to a more FIT (Fast and Intense Training) style until my next long vacation, so I took the opportunity to do that yesterday.
Instead of doing my normal workout of one exercise at a time with a minute or so rest between sets, I did supersets, resting only as much as I needed to to recover. six sets each of chin-ups, barbell rows, and lat pull-downs followed by four sets of shrugs and six sets of curls. I finished in about forty-five minutes and my back is toast today.
For my cut phase on Monday, I've decided to give my joints a little rest and do high reps for the next four weeks. I'll try six sets of 15-20 reps each at about 70% of my normal six-rep workout weight.

No comments: