Thursday, July 5, 2007

Obese?

Well, my fat has been steadily coming off for months now, and women who are ten years younger than me (and from my own culture ...) have begun staring at me again. Because I was on such a roll, I decided to tempt the fates and step on on of the electronic resistance fat machines at my gym. It gave me full readings about my hips and waist, relative arm strengths, and a lot of other information I'm not interested in. I wanted to know the body fat percentage. There it was, staring me in the face: 36%. I just shook my head. I didn't believe it. I still don't.

The wife of the gym's owner started telling me in Korean how I needed to lose 25 kg of fat to get trim, but I was still shaking my head. I just said "No, it's not right."

The next day I got up and did my tape test the same way as usual, and I was at 19.1%. That's up a little from my last reading, but not anywhere near the margin of error, so I can't really tell anything. Anyway, I decided to graph my body composition over the last seven months.

1 comment:

Chira said...

Fuck the woman.

You're doing a great job.
You have more definitions than you've ever had.
Your waist measurement has gone down while other parts have gone up from having bigger muscles.

Babe, you're looking hot!